Like you I’ve seen the ads, I’ve heard the hype about making money from online surveys. When I think about enrolling I am often reminded of the wise old phrase “If it’s too good to be true it often is.” On the other hand what do I really have to lose aside from my time. So to satisfy a curiosity and provide my readers with a first hand account of the experience I have decided to enroll in five online survey sites: Swagbucks, Global Test Market, Opinion Place, Synovate, and MySurvey. I chose this lot based on their reputation, size, and positive reviews. I will enroll in each site and participate at each daily to see which offer the best value and experience. At the end of six months I will provide a full report of my experience and rank each of the five.
- SwagBucks- This is the big daddy of online survey companies. It is ranked as one of the top 100 visited sites in the United States and has an A+ rating with the better business bureau. The sign up was very straight forward. I earned 70 swagbucks in under and hour watching videos and taking a survey. It had a few errors, but I think it was due to my browser(safari). In the future I will use my laptop and possibly down load the “swagbar”. My first guess is that I will earn about 2000 swag bucks a month, that would put me in the $100.00 gift card range at the end of this trial.
- Global Test Market is also accredited by the BBB. This is more of a meat and potatoes survey site. The sign up was quick, you have to take surveys to take other surveys. I guess they e-mail you when something comes up. After 30 minutes of surveys all I have to show for it is about 21 entries into a daily and quarterly raffles.
- Opinion Place also had good reviews, but because if its name it was harder to find information about it on the search engines. The sign up is quick and you can pick from different reward categories(AA miles, Paypal, Amazon, or sweepstakes entry) for your payout. I signed up, answered some questions and was told I didn’t qualify for any of the surveys.
- Synovate was founded in 1994 and has since grown into one of the largest market research companies in the U.S. Sign up was also quick and easy. I did three preliminary surveys and was awarded 1000 points, you need 5000 points for a 5 dollar gift card.
- MySurvey is also an accredited BBB site that has a very strong reputation. The set up fast probably the fastest and the easiest of the group. No surveys were available after the initial intro survey. I have 20 points here.
My First Impression: I had originally thought that I would be awash in surveys, but this turned out to not be the case. I don’t know if its the time of day or that it’s a weekend or me as a candidate. Swagbucks offers the user a constant stream of opportunities to earn points where the other four test you to see which surveys you will qualify for and contact you when they become available. I am very curios about how often I will be asked to take surveys. Time will tell.